Wednesday, February 10, 2010

sunshine and lovebeams

It has become apparent that I suck at blogging every single day as I had once intentioned. So I sat down, knowing it had been way too many days and logged in.

And nothing came.

............

And still nothing.

I had a hard day yesterday. My job is one that is filled with sadness and yesterday was particularly so...it will take a long time to get over. I find myself forever caught somewhere between counting my abundant blessings and being totally depressed about how unfair and unjust the world is. Either way, I feel like a damn fool.

So here's what helped me yesterday and today. Let it be said that yes, I am a Christian and no, I don't care what you are or what you believe or don't believe. Take it or leave it or find a way to apply it to your own life or don't. I don't want to convert you or offend you or cater to you. I just want to be me, and me needs this today. I hope it helps you in some way too. Or I hope you find whatever it is that helps you get through this life when it's not exactly sunshine and lovebeams.

blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.
blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.
blessed are they that hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.
blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.
blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.
blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of God.
blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers